About AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

About AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
About AX1800
About AX1800
2021-07-01 09:07:07
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20210524 rel.40909(4555)

Hello,

I've open a post few weeks ago but suddenly it disappeared, the link to the post is https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/267970

I wanted to report a problem as I described once the device is rebooted the Primary DNS and Secondary of the DHCP server settings resolve to default value, and I don't know why, might be a bug.

Please note the Operation Mode is set to work as Access Point.

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:About AX1800
2021-07-01 14:06:18

@echa 

Is your issue similar to this thread's topic ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-07-02 06:07:40

@terziyski Yeah seems more people have the same problem with the DNS entry. Thanks for pointing the topic.

Options
2021-07-02 09:12:28

@echa 

Just to confirm, do you have the same reason that you need to set the static DNS server on the AX20 when it is working on AP mode?

What if the model number of your modem?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-02 09:13:58

@echa 

BTW, I found you have another thread on the US community, so you may post it there, and it is not missing:

AX1800

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-02 14:32:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hey thanks! I didn't even notice the difference and for some reason I couldn't see that link from my profile.
Anyway, my provider gave me a Technicolor TD5136 and I currently use it as router(period), it's cheap and a bit old and unfortunately it's required in my scenario as we have wires RJ11.
I could go and setup it to work as DHCP server with DNS record but frankly I prefer to use my AX1800 for that.

Options
2021-07-05 03:08:06

@echa 

You can try to switch the AX1800 to AP mode as per this guide, then set up a DNS server on it to check if it can work as requested:

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point? (Case 2)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 6

Related Articles