FTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FTP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
FTP
FTP
2021-06-20 21:25:03 - last edited 2021-06-22 03:16:41
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 201122 Rel.72659n

Hi, Am really using a AC2100 but this does not seem to be in the list.

Am trying to use port forwarding to allow my Diskstation to be accessed by FTP but there does not seem to be a way to do this,

have tried to use virtual servers as this seem to the only way to access a another machine.

Please help as am not stupid and used to teach Information Technology but this is silly as there does not seem to be a port forwarding section.

Thank You.

Options
10 Reply
Re:FTP
2021-06-21 23:26:50 - last edited 2021-06-22 03:16:41

@Ianeon 

If you have a Synology Diskstation then except the default FTP - TCP port 21, you'll have to open also TCP ports from 55536 to 55599 for Passive FTP.

Then you'll be able to access your Diskstaion by FTP via your public IP address. And all these port forwards have to be configured in NAT Forwarding => Virtual Servers pointing to the internal IP address of your Diskstation.

Also make sure that this ALG setting is enabled:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-22 15:44:00
I dont seem to have explained mysel properly I can access the Diskstation now using my PUusnet modem but when I try to use the ac2100 it does not work so is not the Diskstation but the modem not allowing ftp.
Options
2021-06-22 15:49:52
Please cancel this as have had some people (3) look at this problem and they confirm that there is no way to make it work. Have tried to return the Modem but they say it is not faulty so I cannot. So now I have a piece of rubbish sitting in the corner as a doorstop and it not very good at that. Will not be purchasing TP-Link products again as trying to get help from them is like pulling teeth.
Options
2021-06-23 09:43:20

@Ianeon 

I am running windows 10 on my modern desktop and have a Synology Diskstation running as a nas and as an FTP server for sending programs I write between me and my Beta tester.

I have a standard Plusnet modem running at the moment but find it rather slow so I decided to upgrade my modem in the hopes of better speed.

I use port forwarding on the Plusnet modem to send  the ftp request using port 21 to the Diskstation which works fine.

I also have a static ip address.

The Diskstation uses a fixed ip address as well.

Have tried using the various thing on the AC2100 but it just does not have any way of port forwarding so am have given up as in previous message.

If you want any more info plkease staite what it is and will do my best to supply it.

Thank you for your interest.

Ian.

Options
2021-06-23 12:37:07 - last edited 2021-06-23 12:43:59

@Ianeon 

Is that the model of your device ?

If that's correct, I see you're with the latest FW.

Are you using the Archer VR2100 in DSL modem/router mode or Wireless Router mode - are you trying to replace the Plusnet with VR1200 or just add the VR1200 to your network after the Plusnet ?

Is there any other network device in your local network, between the Plusnet and the Synology DS (i.e. wireless router, firewall, etc.) ?

I presume your beta tester is connecting from outside your network to the FTP server ?

You mentioned you already using port-forwarding with Plusnet - can you post which ports you've opened to be able to use the FTP server ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-23 13:43:03

@Ianeon 

The modal is AC2100.

Have upgraded the FW to latest.

Using DSL mode, Yes am trying to replace the Plusnet modem with the AC2100.

Why trying to get it to work am using only the AC2100 and the Diskstation together and no other connections.

The Beta test uses software to connect using my ip address and has no problem when I am using the Plusnet modem.

If I understand your last question am using port 21 incoming and 21 to connect to the Diskstation

also using the default setting on the Diskstation in the FTP section.

Use the default port range(55536-55663)

Remember everything works with the Plusnet Modem ok But not the AC2100.

Ian

Options
2021-06-23 14:13:33

@Ianeon 

As I posted in my first post, for accessing FTP server from outside your network, the following ports have to be opened on the VR2100:

For Passive FTP - these are FTP data ports.

Replace the 192.168.1.100 IP address with your actual internal IP address of the Synology DS.

For FTP control port:

Replace the 192.168.1.100 IP address with your actual internal IP address of the Synology DS.

Additionally enable the FTP ALG:

At that point your beta tester should be able to access the FTP server on Synology DS.

Options
2021-06-23 19:06:10

@Ianeon 

Hi, the settings you have put up are exactly what I was using to try and use FTP.

Have set the modem up again the same way but no luck.

So either its broken or it just does not work as described.

Have printed out the manual and will sit and have a read tonight to see if there is anything else I need to do.

Thanks for the help.

I can connect ok to the diskstation using Firefox.

Ian

(everything else works fine)

Options
2021-06-23 19:26:19 - last edited 2021-06-23 19:52:52

@Ianeon 

If you post some screenshots of the port-forwarding on VR2100 like I did, it would be helpful for troubleshooting purposes.

Make sure that VR2100 Internet IP address is the same as if you use the Plusnet modem/router:

Also make sure that you have transfered all the settings from Plusnet to VR2100:

Actually if the device is proved not working as described, you should be able to return it to the retailer.

Options
2021-06-24 12:42:42

@Ianeon 

HI, terziyski

Thank you for your help but have tried everything suggested by you and have read the manual and it basically says the same as you but no matter what I try It will not let the FTP connection work, and to be honest me Beta tester is getting a bit fed up with it not working not  to say my annoyance at it refusing to work so therefore have decided to return the device to the supplier and ask for a refund.

Once again thank you for spending your time helping me.

Ian.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1106

Replies: 10

Related Articles