Deco M4R and RE330 mesh range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-16 15:35:24
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hi,

I am currently using a Deco M4R pair and would like to further extend the network so I bought a RE330 mesh range extender.

However, I cannot get to connect the RE330 to the Deco through the Deco app.
I could only pair it through WPS but in this way it will create a new EXT network so there is no ore seamless transition through wifi networks.

Could someone please let me know if the RE330 is really compatible with the M4R mesh network?

Or, is there any adapter which is compatible?

Thanks

Mario 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4R and RE330 mesh range extender
2021-06-17 08:12:06

@mariomontes 

Hi, the Deco Mesh system is not the same as the OneMesh system, and they could not be used to create a seamless mesh together. Check the story we posted to know more about Deco mesh and Onemesh:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1322

This article also offers some basic QAs, you can have a check:

Several questions about the OneMesh and Mesh

If the RE330 is still in the return windows of the reseller, you may check with the shop if this can be upgraded or replaced with another Deco.

If you cannot return or replace the RE330, you can still use it to extend the wireless network in normal range extender mode, but it just cannot join the same mesh network with Deco. You can try to change the wireless name of the RE330 to be the same as on the Deco, then check if you can roam between different networks properly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2086

Replies: 1

Related Articles