Onemesh Firmware for Archer AX10

Onemesh Firmware for Archer AX10

113 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Onemesh Firmware for Archer AX10
2021-06-03 23:02:25

@Kevin_Z 

Tried a hard reset on the router, disabled onemesh.

The 5Ghz signal and speed are horrible. Tried multiple channels. Router is in the exact same position as before.

2.4Ghz and LAN are working fine. 

It is definitely the new firmware.

Options
2021-06-04 01:08:05

@savandriy 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-04 01:18:34

@JesAbsDK 

We would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-04 09:34:05

@Kevin_Z 

I have issues since i upgraded firmware on EU V1, WDS connection with a C6 EU V2 router doesn't work anymore.

Options
2021-06-04 11:39:34

@Djerald 

Just to confirm, is the AX10 the main router, and the C6 is the extender? Were they connecting fine via WDS before the AX10 firmware update? 

After the firmware updated on the AX10, and you configured the WDS settings on the C6, what is the WDS status on its web interface, is it RUN? Please show us the screenshot.

Please also refer to this guide to double check the basic settings on the C6, try to reset both AX10 and C6 to confirm if they can connect again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Options
2021-06-04 13:42:22

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@Djerald 

Just to confirm, is the AX10 the main router, and the C6 is the extender? Were they connecting fine via WDS before the AX10 firmware update? 

After the firmware updated on the AX10, and you configured the WDS settings on the C6, what is the WDS status on its web interface, is it RUN? Please show us the screenshot.

Please also refer to this guide to double check the basic settings on the C6, try to reset both AX10 and C6 to confirm if they can connect again:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Yes, it is the actual configuration, they were connecting fine before the AX10 firmware upgrade, and after performing the update, the WDS status was still RUN, but the connection issue started here.

I tried rebooting both devices but it didn't solve the problem. Every step in the tutorial have been respected.

Options
2021-06-07 02:35:21

@Djerald 

Does this mean the WDS status on the C6 is RUN, but you cannot get internet access when connecting to the C6 wireless network? Are you able to get a valid IP address from the network? Is it assigned by the AX10 correctly?

If the devices can get a correct IP address from AX10, please try to do a simple ping test, ping the IP address of the AX10, then show us the result.

BTW, we will follow this up via email later.

Options
2021-06-07 09:47:20 - last edited 2021-06-07 19:39:34

Kevin_Z wrote

@Djerald 

Does this mean the WDS status on the C6 is RUN, but you cannot get internet access when connecting to the C6 wireless network? Are you able to get a valid IP address from the network? Is it assigned by the AX10 correctly?

If the devices can get a correct IP address from AX10, please try to do a simple ping test, ping the IP address of the AX10, then show us the result.

BTW, we will follow this up via email later.

@Kevin_Z 

The WDS status is Run, but connecting computers via Ethernet ports on the C6 doesn't work anymore.

Fore some reasons, i chose to keep C6 DHCP server activated and managing his own part of the subnet, but this subnet is the same as the AX10 (C6 DHCP owns range from 192.168.1.151->254 and AX10 DHCP owns range from 192.168.1.30->150). C6 DHCP sets AX10 address (192.168.1.1) as gateway on devices. C6 address is set at 192.168.1.20.

Then on devices, pinging the AX10 address fails.

I will try to set AX10 as only DHCP server on the subnet and tell you the result.

Edit: finally, i was able to make it works, but this is a weird thing. I wanted to revert back to official firmware on the C6 because i used an OpenWrt one since the issue appeared, just to test what you wrote, but i was stuck to push the last firmware via TFTP method, and i had to use the first released one instead (1.0.1 Build 20180627)

Starting to configure the C6 with the original firmware, i noticed a 'WDS Mode' option in the advanced parameters section, where to configure the WDS connections.

I was only able to make WDS works using the 'WDS 1' option, the two others 'Auto' and 'WDS 2' didn't work, and i tried with 2.4GHz and 5Ghz.

Upgrading the C6 firmware to the latest, 'WDS Mode' option disappeared, and if i didn't set 'WDS 1' running the old firmware, WDS can't work running the new one, and i'm sure of that.

So it can be a nice thing to bring back the 'WDS Mode' option in future firmware release

Options
2021-06-08 02:17:17

@Djerald 

That's great to know the WDS is running again on the C6 now. Your suggestion about the WDS mode will be recorded on the system, and the engineers will evaluate how to achieve that in the future firmware updates. 

Options
2021-06-15 02:20:12

@Kevin_Z 

Archer AX10 updated Firmware can’t use China web

Model: Archer AX10 

Hardware Version: V1.2

Firmware Version:  Archer AX10(US)_V1.2_210421

I am in South Korea

PING ys.mihoyo.com (117.25.153.244): 64 data bytes 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

Request timed out! 

--- Ping Statistic "ys.mihoyo.com" --- 

Packets: Sent=8, Received=0, Lost=8 (100.00% loss) 

ping is stopped.

Options
Related Articles