DECO X20 Parental control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-14 09:50:25

Hi,

I have installed 2pcs Deco X20 system at home about a month ago.

For few days I was able to see the parental control function in the app (iPhone). But then it disappeared. I tried restarting the device, reinstalling the app, or tried the Android app. But nothing works.

One of the reasons for buying was proclaimed control over my network but now I can set almost nothing. Even simple fixed IP address for MAC.

Was the function removed?

Also when I am looking at some videos on YT there are for example some speed metering functions within the system. This was not present from the start in my app.

One reason I can think of is the language of the app. I live in the Czech Republic so the app is in Czech (well, at least half of it is in Slovak) and there is no option to change it to English.

Thanks for help

Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO X20 Parental control
2021-05-17 07:20:48

@PremekK 

Hi, the APP language would sync with the smartphone;

As for the missing parental control feature, were you accidentally switching the operation mode to access point mode?

(it is under Deco APP>Advanced>Operation mode)

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-17 07:38:30

@TP-Link 

Hi, no, my Operation mode is stil Wireless router. Should I try to switch it forth and back?

Thanks

Options
2021-05-17 08:14:28

@PremekK 

Hi, no need for switching the mode.

Would you mind switching the phone language to English and send me some screenshots?

And what are the model number and operating system of your smartphone?

How about the current APP version?

Moreover, please also go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and send us the APP system log;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-17 18:37:45

@PremekK I was about to take a screenshot but as I switch my iPhone to English the Homecare part of the menu appeared. And stays there even after switching back to Czech. So even as I do not know the problem itself my problem is solved.

Options
2021-05-18 01:18:14

@PremekK 

Hi, Thanks for the good news.yes

It is quite strange and please feel free to update here if the same issue started again and do remember to save the system log;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 5

Related Articles