Address reservation limits on various DECOs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 14:48:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

Hello, I would like to know the maximum number of address reservations on various DECOs with their current firmwares.

I have read that DECO M5 supports 16 addresses on reservations list, M9 Plus supported 16 but after an update it supports more (I don't know how many).

I have 3 Deco M5 devices and I'd like to know if they support more than 16 with the latest firmware, or if larger/newer DECOs support more. Ideally I would like to have more than 32 reserved addresses, probably less than 64, and I could buy a new DECO if M5 is limited as a router to 16 reserved IP addresses or less routing capacity than (let's say) Deco X20.

(I can't test it now because I'm using it as an access point but I will eventually bridge it as PPPoE with my modem).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Address reservation limits on various DECOs
2021-04-22 05:38:11

@topouzid 

Hi,  Currently both Deco X20 and Deco M5 support 64 address reservation(16 for parental control profiles);

So where you saw that DECO M5 supports 16 addresses on reservations list, M9 Plus supported 16, can I have a link and maybe I need to be updated;

Thank you.

Options
Re:Address reservation limits on various DECOs
2021-04-22 06:53:24

@TP-Link That was on Reddit and external forums and they were not saying on which firmware version it was the case of 16 addresses, but I couldn't find any info from a reputable source, or on TP-Links manuals, specs or FAQs, that's why I asked here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1270

Replies: 2

Related Articles