[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

217 Reply
Re:New Firmware Update---Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-05-07 11:03:10

Hello @Gaffer 

I fundamentally agree with you, i.e. you should generally consider ax devices if the price is right.

All I was trying to do was to stress that the apparent advantages of AX are often just that - apparent. And you may laugh at this, but an AC router, depending on a variety of factors (whether it has 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 radios, etc.), may well be faster than an AX in real life.

Cheers

Options
2021-05-07 11:49:02

@Scott79  Please keep discussing the issue you are experiencing with the engineers directly, they should be able to help you, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-07 19:42:12

@Kevin_Z 

Will do Kevin.

Options
2021-05-07 19:45:30

@Maciej Have you seen this error on the AX11000 main GUI for network clients?

I keep getting Operation Failed and connected clients aren't shown?

I wonder if this is part of the issue with the network not appearing slow or discoonecting clients due to a glitch?

Options
2021-05-08 03:06:01

Hello @Scott79 

Just sent you a message so as not to clutter up the thread.

Options
2021-05-08 12:51:56 - last edited 2021-05-08 13:00:34

@Kevin_Z 

OK, so I've just received it and set it up. Same as before, press WPS on AX11000 and then on this node - everything automatic.

It all seems to be working fine with no issues .

The first node is located near the ceiling in the garage and the device location helper indicates it's in a perfect position, ditto this new one which is currently in the dining room but I may move it at some point (main router AX11000 is upstairs in the study which is above a different area in the house).

Anyway, all working fine so far. No dropouts. Things connecting seamlessly. It looks like the 605X is playing well with the AX11000 so far for me.

All I then did was a little housekeeping (e.g. updating firmware, going into settings to change location to where it is, changing name to indicate location, adding DST to times, making sure it was on the correct power setting etc etc.

If anything changes I'll update this thread.

EDIT: @Scott79 my web interface appears to be working fine even though occasionally it can take a second or two to display:

The only issue I have noticed is the Rx/Tx speeds are not shown if something is connected to a node (although I can get that info from the nodes web interfaces).

Options
2021-05-08 13:14:21

Hello @Gaffer 

Great to hear that you're up and running. If your setup passes the 48 hour mark without any surprises, you should be in the clear.

Tell me, please, out of curiosity: you mention using WPS to do the config, so this means that you have WPA2 security only (i.e. no WPA3 option) on the router's two connecting bands, right?

Options
2021-05-08 14:19:06
I was briefly using WPA2/WPA3 mode but found some legacy devices (such as my MiraScreen Airplay device or my old Nintendo DS which my little one uses) wouldn't connect anymore as they needed WPA, so I switched back to WPA/WPA2 mode. However, I have just checked by going to WPA2/WPA3 mode and the mesh network still works and is stable (with obviously only the legacy devices not connecting).
Options
2021-05-08 16:11:05

@Gaffer 

Thanks for sharing, I was just making sure.

I've already tried all the options - WPA2, WPA3, SmartConnect, manual settings, everything. And still the 2.4 GHz drops.

Obviously, I'm waiting for the engineers to comment on my logs, but other than that I'm at a loss. Building materials specific to my apartment? Maybe.

Options
2021-05-08 17:03:22 - last edited 2021-05-09 12:17:26

I have switched back over to WPA2/WPA3 mode and am keen on sticking with it and simply replacing legacy devices that can only cope with WPA. The actual network still appears stable with no drops.

EDIT: edited as I found out why the logins for the nodes changed. When you switch protocols (in my case from WPA/WPA2 to WPA2/WPA3) the AX11000 router will assign the RE605X's new IP addresses, so you need to type their new IP into the web address bar to login (one went from 192.168.0.208 to .207 and the other went from .103 to .104)

So I have now assigned them IPs manually (router=192.168.0.1, one RE605X is .2 and the other .3)

EDIT 2: Looks like the same is happening here, just as you said after 48hrs. Woke up this morning and the 2.4GHz bands on both RE605Xs has turned off ,  so it looks like I'm in the same boat as you and it's because of the way TP-Link have configured OneMesh with this router.

WARNING to others: if you buy more than 1 OneMesh Node, the 2.4GHz band will crap out on both after a day or two!!!

I will persevere in the hope that TP-Link offer a fix, but if the return window deadline approaches with no solution (beginning of June in my case), i'll have to return them. 

It would be interesting to hear from people with only 1 AX node to see if it's happening to them too, or is it only people with multiple nodes?

EDIT 3: I managed to get 2.4GHz back by (AX11000) turning off OFDMA and SMART (and manually assigning bands) -> click save -> now re-enable OFDMA and SMART -> click save.

Et voila - 2.4GHz reappeared on both RE605Xs . It's probably only temporary and I don't look forward to doing this every other day so am keen on TP-Link offering a proper fix instead hopefully with a new FW update?

Options
Related Articles