X60 Backhaul again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 Backhaul again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X60 Backhaul again
X60 Backhaul again
2021-04-03 07:07:37
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi 

Backhaul issues again.

Currently have a and internal wired network and a x60 (x3) mesh network. I live in one of these houses that was not built for wifi (or anything else on that matter) and internal/external walls consist of iron ore brickwork. With the increased power of the x60's WiFi i still get drops and poor reception from the satellite X60's. Even though 2 are on opposite sides of the wall from one another...

I recently looked into using the wired backhaul option to relieve / eliminate the problem but found out soon after i connected then up to my HP Managed Gig switch that this will not work. Tried a few setting on the managements console on the switch but nothing seems to work. 

Can you recommend a TP link x60 backhaul compatible 24port switch please as i have "borrowed" a 5 port tp-link 105 which works fine but want to replace it with a 24port. Can you also suggest/recommend a POE versions as well. Both will need to work with a X60 backhaul.

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:X60 Backhaul again
2021-04-07 09:17:03

@Totally-Meshed 

Hi, it might be that Netgear switches cannot handle and forward the Ethernet II control message based on the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol, which is used to set up a wired network. 

As for the recommended POE switch, would 16 ports be ok?

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/poe-switch/tl-sg1016pe/ 

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-07 09:26:14

Hi @TP-Link 

Not a Netgear switch unless Hewlett Packard ProCurve switches are  really rebranded 24port Managed Netgear switches.

16port is a start but i would also like the option of a 24Port please just in case i want to expand my network again in the future or a hybrid 12 ports POE and 12 ports Non-POE.

Kindest Regards

Options
2021-04-07 20:39:09
Will the new 2.4Gb/s tplink switched work with the Deco backhaul? MODELS: TL-SG108-M2/TL-SG105-M2
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 3

Related Articles