Connectrion to the router interface refused.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 12:58:11
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello, the router im using is TL-WR740N and I cannot access the router interface through the browser, it says ,,connection refused". I tried restarting it, reseting it and nothing seems to help. I receive Wifi and internet signal on my phones and PC but i cannot access the router's interface. I will be happy if you can help me solve the problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connectrion to the router interface refused.
2021-04-02 09:54:43

@Gabriel1 

Please refer to this guide to confirm the IP address and gateway on the computer when it is connected to the WR740N with an Ethernet cable, disable the wireless connection on it if there is one:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/841/

Then try to login again by inputting the gateway on that computer in the address bar of the browser, check again if you can login. If still not, can I have the screenshot of the error page?

Use Method 1 to reset the router one more time, ensure the LEDs flash off then on, that means the reset is successful.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-03 08:43:11

@Gabriel1 

Hello, thank you for the response at first. So i followed the first guide and those are the results:

I did restarted the router few more times, but the LED indicators don't seem to respond so much, I mean all of them are always fast blinking except the one for the power, but it's important to say that it has always been like that since I own the device and I did restarted the router before and it never been a problem. 

I'm judging that the device is reset when it changes it's name and password to the default ones in the Wi-Fi bar on my phone.

Here is the screenshot of the error page:

I tried the suggested solutions in the error page, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Options
2021-04-07 06:58:17

@Gabriel1 

Try different web browsers and end-devices (computers or phones). If you only have one end-device, like a computer, attempt to restart the computer or clear DNS cache on the computer (click here).

Also, disable firewall or anti-virus software on the computer, then try again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6289

Replies: 3

Related Articles