Using Guest network as a segmented VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 00:54:17
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to separate the traffic on the C7 into two networks (so they cannot speak to each other but can still access the internet). One is for wired devices for printers and IP cameras (let's call this network 1) and the other is for wireless devices such as laptops and phones (let's call this network 2)

My plan is to use the guest network to accomplish this feature. The Guest network will be used for client wifi (network 2) and I will disable the main 2.4 and 5g wifi (not needed for network 1 because network 1 only has wired devices). Then I can plug in a switch in one of the 4 LAN ports on the C7 for network 1. I will then make sure to uncheck the "Allow guests to access the local network" checkbox in the Guest network advanced settings to ensure network 1 is separated from network 2.

Do you think this idea will work? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Guest network as a segmented VLAN
2021-03-22 02:52:31

@Yuenster 

Yes, you can do that. Connect all the wireless clients to the Guest network, and uncheck the "Allow guests to access the local network", then they cannot access the local resources nor communicate with the clients connected via LAN.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1

Related Articles