Virgin Hub 3.0 and AC1300 Deco 5 Set Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 20:58:55

Struggling to set up Deco M5 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with Virgin Hub 3.0 router.

I've logged into the Hub and set it to Modem Mode (Steady Magenta Light) but the Main Deco can't connect to the internet. I'm using the lowest Ethernet port as apparently that's the only one that works in Modem Mode.

I'm not THAT technically gifted so some advice in laymans terms would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Virgin Hub 3.0 and AC1300 Deco 5 Set Up
2021-03-16 00:23:50 - last edited 2021-03-16 00:25:59

@Ian_Perkins 

Why don't you start setting Deco M5 with Virgin Hub router as it were before Decos? It is OK to do that. 

Undo changes you've made in Hub settings, verify that your home network is functioning correctly. Then, proceed with Decos addition. Keep running Virgin Hub as a router, configure Decos the way you want, and only then, if you really need to set Hub in Modem mode, try that. At least, by that time you'll have working Deco mesh. Right now it is really not clear where the problem is.

After you set Deco mesh you may find everything works fine and you don't need to set Hub in Modem mode. If it is so, just turn off WiFi in Virgin Hub and you are done with it.

Options
2021-03-16 01:44:52

@Ian_Perkins 

Hi, except the advice of Alexandre, please also check the internet connection type on the Deco to see whether it matches with the Virgin Hub;

Sometimes, the Virgin modem router might use the PPPoE connection and once it was set up as a pure mode, Deco might need to take over the PPPoE broadband connection;

Thanks.

Options
2021-03-17 07:46:50

@Ian_Perkins 

Virgin say to plug in Ethernet cable to port 1 but I have mine in port 4 and it works,

you must restart your equipment in the correct order.

• Set Modem Mode
  • Power off Hub
  • Connect the Deco with power off.
  • Power on Hub and wait for light to stabilise.
  • Power on your Deco.
  • That should stop you having any issues.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1166

Replies: 3

Related Articles