Deco 60 musical WAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 60 musical WAPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco 60 musical WAPs
Deco 60 musical WAPs
2021-03-15 02:18:53
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all! Thanks for your help. I just bought a deco 60 3 pack to fix coverage issues. All works well until we have a power outage/interruption. (We are using surge protectors) we had a few power brownouts over the last few weeks. Every time the main router gets power cycled it's very hard to get the other 2 deco units connected. The app says they aren't connected and status light blinks red. I have them wired together. If the 3rd unit is disconnected sometimes I can restart the 2nd one. But then that one doesn't connect. So I restart the 1st one to fix, but then the 1st doesn't connect. It's a circus. Sometimes restarting my Verizon Fios box fixes the problem completely, sometime it doesn't. I checked and I am on the last firmware. Does anyone else experience this? Or any thoughts on solution? I had to revert back to my single router, aside from coverage issues in corners of the house, it's nice just dealing one device again...3 gets complicated. Thanks for any thoughts. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco 60 musical WAPs
2021-03-15 09:28:32

@Pap0007 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Could you please send me a picture of the network topology of the Deco system?

After the power outage, if the satellite Deco units did not restore, would rebooting the unit itself restore the connection?

By the way,  there are 3-Pack Deco X20, no Deco X60 under your TP-Link ID, could you please double-check the model number?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-15 12:12:50

@TP-Link yes sorry, deco 20s. Is this the diagram you are looking for? And no, rebooting the unit itself doesn't bring it back, tried that first. Thanks 

Options
2021-03-16 08:30:22

@Pap0007 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Did the Deco X20 work on the access point mode or wireless router mode?

If possible, could you please log into the web UI of the Deco via http://tplinkdeco.net ?net and save us a copy of the system log when the issue started again? (please do not reboot the Deco units before saving the log; )

By the way, may I know the model number of the Verizon FiOS box or a picture of the product label on the Verizon?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-17 19:34:45

@TP-Link I think router mode. Whatever is default. Let me get to my point. I am past the return period for Amazon, but that is what I would like to do right now. I have my old router working, and I don't want to mess with three devices, it is too complicated and convoluted making sure they all come back up and work after a blackout. Can I return them to you? Attached is a pic of the Verizon box. Thank you for your help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 4

Related Articles