Router does not conect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 18:32:10
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Old router Tp link, stoped working. Buys new Tp link Archer C50(EU) same problem. I have internet when direct cable to computer, but no conecting when goes throw router. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Router does not conect to internet
2021-02-04 18:51:32
What type of connection you're using to connect to your ISP - static. dynamic, PPPoE, etc. ? Who's your ISP ? Do you have a modem given by the ISP or just a cable from the wall ?
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-04 19:03:13

@Ivaylo dynamic

Options
2021-02-04 19:05:59
Just a cable direct, no modem. It use to work fine in one year and then it just stoped. I tried 4 different routers now. Always the same problem.
Options
2021-02-04 19:22:57 - last edited 2021-02-04 19:23:54

@Zaran 

When you connect the cable to your computer direcly, what's its IP address - refer to this guide.

Maybe your ISP uses a MAC address protection.

When you are connected with the router have you tried to :

and then :

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-04 20:03:01

sad@Ivaylo I did this and it doesnt work 🙁

Options
2021-02-04 20:08:29 - last edited 2021-02-04 21:06:18

@Zaran 

Can you post the screenshots above from you your device ?

What's your PC IP address according to the guide I've refered earlier, when you direcly connect the cable ?

If it's easier for you start the device Quick Setup:

Just be sure before starting the Quick Setup that you have plugged the cable in the WAN/internet port of the device and connected your computer by wire to one of its LAN ports. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 6

Related Articles