Archer C20 V1 Firmware Upgrade Failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-29 11:02:27
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.0 v0044.0 Build 170110 Rel.56131n

Hi

Hoping someone can assist? 

My router has one very obvious difference between the one displayed and the one on my desk, that is is that my device has only two aerials were the device displayed on the website has three.

While trying to update the firmware for a V1 device (which mine is) the upgrade failed with a message stating the firmware was not supported by the hardware.

Is there an archive for older firmware? Or a different way of obtaining the correct firmware for my device?

Cheers

David  

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C20 V1 Firmware Upgrade Failure
2021-01-29 12:24:59

@OceanWanderer 

Select your region from here, then select in Support - Download center (upper right corner), then in the box ' Model Number: ' type c20.

Select 'Archer C20' in 'Home > Routers > Wi-Fi Routers' section.

In the new window select the HW version from a drop-down menu and after the page refresh, select Firmware box - there you should see a list of available FW versions for your device.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-29 12:31:54

@Ivaylo 

Thank you, apologies, I should have mentioned I did indeed do this. 

Region is South Africa. 

David

Options
2021-01-29 12:37:01 - last edited 2021-01-29 12:37:40

@OceanWanderer 

Where did you buy this device from ? The FW version you stated is newer than the official one in the support portal for your region. I believe that's the reason for having the error message.

On the bottom of the device there's a sticker with these FW and HW details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-29 13:02:36

@Ivaylo 

Thank you once again for your mail. 

Photo attached of the sticker, my paranoia wouldn't let me leave the AP password on display and there is not much to see. 

Second photo is from the TSP config util

Router supplied by ISP. 

I guess it may be a custom FW? 

David

Options
2021-01-29 13:05:43
Most probably yes.
Options