Network drive attached to TPlink 2300 router appears as a media device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network drive attached to TPlink 2300 router appears as a media device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Network drive attached to TPlink 2300 router appears as a media device
2021-01-31 17:10:01

@woozle OK. I've just been looking and you are correct as the global site shows a firmware update that inludes SMBv2 support. This isn't shown on the UK TPlink site. There are warnings to only install from your local site but the upgrade says it is for the EU version so I can't see a problem. I'll try it later and post progress tomorrow.

Options
2021-02-01 15:24:47

@DevonDave Disaster! I'm much worse off after this firmware update. I can access the router but can't change any settings as the thing seems to be locked. Will a hard reset restore it to the original firmware? I'm beginning to hate this thing.

Options
2021-02-01 18:56:13

@DevonDave 

A hard reset (Factory Default Restore) won't restore any previous firmware. It will just reset all settings (including router password) to the defaults.

What do you exactly mean by the router seems to be locked? Does it not let you log in the configuration webpage anymore? Or can you log in, but when you click on any setting or input field to change it, then it's like clicking on a dead space?

Options