DHCPS Lease hostname not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCPS Lease hostname not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:DHCPS Lease hostname not found
2022-04-26 07:55:39

krisminime wrote

@Kensei No luck unfortunately. Still sitting here occasionally dropping internet for no reason.Found it only happens when i'm using particular devices on the network through. Not sure if that'll help anyone else diagnose the problem

@krisminime What exact devices will cause the issue? What are the OS versions of them?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-08-31 09:27:31

I have the exact same problem. Wired devices dont have connectivity and work sporadically after reboot. Same error. WiFi is fine. 

Latest firmware on Archer C80.

Options
2023-01-12 22:37:11

@Kensei 

Did you get any answer or advice from TP-Link support?

I see a lot of people have this problem and "solution" is buying new router ?

As I can see there is beta firmware 1.12.1 but I don't know if this problem is resolved?

@Kevin_Z , can you give us more information if this problem is known and if it is been resolved in mentioned beta firmware?

Options
2023-01-18 20:37:23

Hello Techies,

From last 3 days I am struggling with network drop issue on “TP-Link Archer C80”.

There are errors in the log which you need to consider,

1. DHCPS Lease hostname not found
  2. inetd select error abort

The main problem is, router is not able to find the hostname of a device which is connected to your router. Any single device having this hostname issue can drop your network or I would say crash your inetd service.

Login to TP-Link admin portal -> Network Map -> Clients

Go to the above path and check if you have changed the “Device Info” of any device.

I had changed the device info to identify the devices, but it requires either “hostname” of the device or “Unknown” tag.

If you change the “Device Info” router will not able to pick the hostname and it will through you hostname not found error and inetd service will crash.

Solution:

If you have changed the “Device Info” for any of the connected device, change it again to its hostname or “Unknown”.

To check the hostname of windows or linux device:

Open CMD/shell and type command “hostname”, copy this hostname and update in clients.

Please check the screenshot below,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1id9cNIMBiOrOfIOAzAGxlfiQlf1vW05J/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mAmirgzpWVXKiEkOYOI5gmcud1Vow3JM/view?usp=sharing

My router is working fine now, but my android TV is not working on router.

Other android devices worked with "Unknown" tag.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Priyesh Manwatkar.

Options
2023-01-28 09:53:13

Georgi681 wrote

@Kensei 

Did you get any answer or advice from TP-Link support?

I see a lot of people have this problem and "solution" is buying new router ?

As I can see there is beta firmware 1.12.1 but I don't know if this problem is resolved?

@Kevin_Z , can you give us more information if this problem is known and if it is been resolved in mentioned beta firmware?

@Georgi681 As per the firmware release notes, there is no mention of this fix, but I would still suggest you install it on your router to observe if the issue gets resolved:

Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8

Please let me know if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-01-28 15:13:11

@Priyesh7 

Just an update:

Go to :

Advanced -> Security -> IP & MAP Binding

Check the "Binding List"

Remove all devices from "Binding List", It is creating IP conflict.

It resolved my Android TV Issue.

Options
2023-01-30 12:39:10

@Kevin_Z 

I've tried this but it doesn't help.
Also the solution proposed by the previous user (change Device Info back to "Unknown") doesn't work and I got these drops everyday.

Options
2023-01-31 04:40:02

Hey @Georgi681

Got to the Advanced -> System -> Firmware Update

Under Online Update, check the “Hardware Version

Hardware Version: Archer C80 1.0

In my case it is 1.0

Now download the latest firmware from tp-link site for your hardware version,

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c80/

Now, Go to the

Advanced -> System -> Backup & Restore

Under “Factory Default Restore”

Click on the:

Restore all the configuration settings to their default values.

FACTORY RESTORE

After “Factory Restore” it will ask you for the firmware, if it doesn’t ask

Go to Advanced -> System -> Firmware Update

Under “Local Update”:

Browse the firmware file and click on the “Update”.

Now go to the Advanced -> Security -> IP & MAC Binding

Under “Binding List”

Remove all the devices.

Done.

Try this and let us know.

Options
2023-02-05 13:36:42

Yo, i got the same problem, the difference is i got it once in a hour in same time. Changed my firmware to beta early update, setted dns, hope this'll work. I will update if issue continues to reproduce

Options
2023-02-05 14:16:36 - last edited 2023-02-05 14:19:03

@krisminime 

to me this is happening for more than one year now and still no solution..,it happens only if both 2Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi are on at the same time..I did not have this wih 5Ghz Wifi only..

It happens if I put my laptop at sleep..if I open it again there is no way to connect to that wifi back again!.. or if I go out of wifi reach with my IOS phone when I get back no more wifi connection..only if I reboot the Archer..

the only workaround which works if I set a daily reboot on the router..

Options