New TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300 problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-20 14:55:50
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI Tp-Link,

My new TP-Link T3U is causing problems on USB 3/0 port. Ive received a new one from the store but this one has the same problem.

When I put the T3U in a usb 3/0 port it keeps disconnecting, and also 5 ghz networks are gone. 

When I use it on a USB 2/0 port, it looks to be stable.

I use it on WIndows 10. Tried diffrent software versions, no solution. 

I saw a lot of problems with this dongle on this forum.

When will there be a solution?

Options
3 Reply
Re:New TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300 problems
2021-01-22 06:14:09

@Lctje 

Hello, when the T3U keeps disconnecting in the USB3.0 port, does it still show up under Device Manager, Can you still see the 2.4G or 5G networks on the Windows 10? Are there any other available USB3.0 ports on this Windows 10? Or if it's possible, you can try this T3U on another computer's USB3.0 port to check if there is an issue.

Just to confirm, when you plug it into the USB2.0 port, was the speed or performance affected a lot?

You can try to install this driver on the Windows 10 manually, then monitor if it performs good:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/Archer T3U_beta_U2_U3_5G unstable issue_1030.22.0202.2018.zip

Here is a guide to install the adapter manually: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/.

BTW, please kindly verify what is the system version of the Windows 10 as this: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-22 13:04:40

@Kevin_Z 

No it keeps disconnecting, same like you plug out the usb stick. You get everytime the sound that you plugged it in. I only see the 2.4. 1 time Ive seen the 5 ghz. 
I tried on a other windows 10 machine and the same problem. I reinstalled my laptop, and put windows 8.1 on it. And the same problem. Also tried other usb 3 ports.
The usb 2 port gives no problem. I think there is a problem with this dongle and USB3. Luckily I had 1 usb 2.0 port in my laptop, but I rather have it on the 3.0 port because that one is at the other side. I got a 500 mbit wireless network, and on usb 2.0  I get around 250 Mbps (+- 30 MB/s) on 5ghz. Ofcourse its a way better speed than the stock wifi card in the laptop, that speed was around 5 MB/s. But I was expecting more on 5 Ghz. I use good AC routers, and on my other laptops I can reach the 500 mbps without a problem with the stock cards on 5ghz.

I think this isnt a windows version related issue, but its an issue with USB 3/0. 

I will try the driver from your link. Can I also use that driver on windows 8.1?

Kind Regards

Options
2021-01-25 03:23:04

@Lctje 

Yes, this driver can be used on the Windows 8.1 as well, you can give it a go and monitor, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2343

Replies: 3

Related Articles