Archer C7 & Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 & Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 & Deco M4
Archer C7 & Deco M4
2020-12-10 21:16:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, how can I set up a single network in my home using the Archer C7 and 2 Deco's M4 that I have? I reached the point where I have a separate SSID from the router and the other network from 2 Deco's. When I was running the set up for Deco's I wasn't able to set the same network name as on router. Later I was trying to put 2 Deco's to work as an AP but still I'm not able to have single network all over the place. Is it normal that it need to be 2 networks? The mesh function is enabled in the router but it doesn't see the Deco's or they're not shown under 192.168.0.1 Archer set up. Main deco is plugged with the LAN cable to the C7 the other is wifi connected with the master.

Can anyone help me with this problem or this is the way it should work?

Thanks,

Lukasz

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 & Deco M4
2020-12-11 06:42:35

@Antifashion 

Hi,

A7 supported OneMesh which is not the same as Deco whole Mesh.

For more details, please refer to this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1322

So even though they would be set up under the same SSID, there would be still some interruption during roaming.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Archer C7 & Deco M4
2020-12-11 08:12:30

@TP-Link 

Now everything is clear😁 thank you for your reply!

Take care!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 872

Replies: 2

Related Articles