AX-6000 flawless out of box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 04:36:38
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 200200212 Rel.7095 (5553)

Prior to purchasing, I read about everyone's issues with heat and other operational problems relative to firmware upgrades. I almost canceled  my order after reading others problems. Mine has been in service 2 weeks now and performing flawlessly. I decided to run the unit with the firmware it came with out of the box. If it performs flawlessly, which it has to this point, I'll wait until I'm convinced the most current firmware is bug free before updating. Note, when going to latest firmware, your unable to roll it back if it causes you problems. 2nd, I took a pro-active approach to address the unit running hot. I purchased a dual fan setup with the router sitting on top of one fan and the other blowing across it. The router is running cool. Heat kills electronics and I truly believe a lot of the issues with dropping WiFi, etc. is heat related, and once cooled down started working again. The AX-6000 is the router I wanted, performs to my expectations, and yes, I shouldn't have had to buy cooling fans. I believe the fans are a key component to my problem free experience so far. Hope these suggestions might help others have a trouble free experience as I have!

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX-6000 flawless out of box
2020-12-01 07:40:23 - last edited 2020-12-01 07:40:33

@Oldockman 

Thank you very much for sharing your valued experience with the router usage, we really appreciate it.

We do suggest our customers putting the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, you can also use a fan to cool the router if it is necessary.

Thanks again for sharing, I think this will help others as well, good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles