after M5 firmware upgrade, web UI not working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 19:05:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1
Last night I used the app to upgrade firmware on my Deco M5s. Then shut down my phone and laptop.
This morning the app works fine but not the web UI. I can log on but it starts up at the System/firmware upgrade page. I can go to the other System tabs (System log and Reboot) but do nothing else. My laptop shutdown cleared my browser's cache automatically, so it's not a problem there.

Any idea how to get the UI working normally again?
Options
2 Reply
Re:after M5 firmware upgrade, web UI not working correctly
2020-12-02 10:34:05

@RandySea2 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please try to send a video clip of screen recording about the abnormal behavior on the web UI?

Since I tested on my laptop and web browser on the smartphone, all went well with no issue;

If possible, could you please also test on the browser on your smartphone to see what happened?

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
Re:after M5 firmware upgrade, web UI not working correctly
2020-12-02 18:03:04 - last edited 2020-12-02 18:05:08

@RandySea2 

First of all, you asked me to record what happens on the browser on my smartphone. If you look at my question, you will see that I am talking about the browser on my laptop. I have never tried logging on to the Deco from the browser on my phone. The screen is too small to be useful for the Deco web UI.

However, this is now moot. Somehow, the Deco has self corrected, two days after the firmware update. I can log on to the web UI from my laptop normally, as I did before the upgrade.No idea why it's now working, as my logon is the same. Oddly, though, the main Deco started up after upgrade at IP  192.168.68.5 where previously it had been 192.168.68.1.  This morning, the main Deco was back to 192.168.68.1.

A second oddity was that when I first did the upgrade, the signal sources  were changed from a correct mesh (each Deco getting a signal from the closest other Deco) to each Deco getting its signal from the main Deco. This changed by itself since yesterday to an optimized network of Decos. It took 48 hours, but now it is working correctly. I should note that there are many postings about the problem the the Deco M5 will not optimize connections, so I guess I'm lucky.

Bottom line: For now, my problem has gone away by itself.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles