Nvr makes internet unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 20:37:29
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello.

I have 3 deco m5's and around 45 devices connected to my network.

I have 8 ip wireless cameras around my house, and now wanted to add a NVR to record those cameras, but when i connect my nvr in one deco with ethernet cable, my network becomes supper unstable and most of the wifi devices start disconnecting, even one of the deco's disconnects from the network, if i take the nvr out my network comes back to work normal again within a minute.

Hope someone can help me cause i really can not understand it.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Nvr makes internet unstable
2020-11-26 08:44:55

@Ricardo_Nunes 

Good day,

Thanks for your detailed information.

We would like to collect some information and forward your case to the senior engineers.

Please have a check of your email box later.

1. May I know how the 3 Deco M5s are connected to each other?—it would be great that you could draw a simple picture about the network topology of the Decos and the ISP modem router?
  2. Does it matter which Deco was the NVR connected?
  3. As for the Deco that was offline form the network, it is the one NVR connected, right? And would it become red as well?
  4. How long have you had the Deco and did this issue start since the beginning, or just recently like a firmware update?

Thank you very much.

Options