Archer A9 - Parent Controls Family Profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-16 01:56:39 - last edited 2023-03-08 07:09:56
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485(5553)

I am setting Parent Controls and I don't understand why there is a limit to 4 profiles as "Family Members"

I don't just setup users as profiles but also the "Gaming" profile for xbox/playstation devices. "TV Profile" for the TV and media devices. Then 4 "User Profiles". With the restriction I am having to group devices but with a shared time limit it defeats the purpose of using time limits that are specific to a user or device group.

Maybe I need to limit the xbox play to 2 hours and open up the "Computer/Laptop" for school work. Etc.

All the functionality is there, this is a limit set by you guys. Can I get around it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A9 - Parent Controls Family Profiles
2020-11-16 10:12:33

@systems-link 

Hello, thanks for asking.

It only allows 4 family profiles with the current firmware, and we actually think this is sufficient as we can add multiple clients or devices in the same profile. In your scenes, may I know how many profiles do you require?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-16 18:10:14

@Kevin_Z 

If it's an arbitrary number then why not set it to 10.

I have 3 teenagers.

Family Member 1

..... 2

..... 3

..... 4

Xbox/PlayStation

TV/Media Devices/Roku/FireStick/ChromeCast

I also need to separate someone's laptop and mobile device profiles to limit their daily usage.

A better solution would be to allow users to set limits per device within a profile not all devices within the profile.

Options
2020-11-18 06:48:19

@systems-link 

Good point. We will record this suggestion and feedback to the related department, they will evaluate if we can re-design the feature in the foreseeable future.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 3

Related Articles