Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
112 Reply
Re:Update TP-Link USB Printer Controller for macOS Big Sur
2021-05-20 08:12:49

@jamessmith1234 

What is the model number of the router? You can find it on the device label.

When you download the printer controller utility and unzip it, can you find a guide in the folder, try to refer to the steps in it to reinstall the utility. You can also refer to the article below to give the permission to install it manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1042/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-17 05:16:25

@Kevin_Z

I just bought Mac Big Sur version 11.3. which contains Apple M1 Chip. After having tried to install, I realize that the latest printer controller utility doesn't support this type. Could you provide us an updated printer controller utility?

Options
2021-08-20 16:47:32 - last edited 2021-08-21 18:35:06

@Kevin_Z 

Update: After updating macOS from Big Sur 11.5 to 11.5.2, the app has been functioning as expected without the errors mentioned below.  

After installing the beta for Big Sur, I am prompted to restart the computer.  Before restarting, I am able to print to my TP-Link connected printer. 

However, after restarting I am unable to print and I am prompted by the TP-Link app that the installation is incomplete and to install again.  After installing I am prompted to restart the computer, but before restarting, I am able to print to my TP-Link connected printer again. 

Yet, after restarting, I am prompted again by the TP-Link app that the installation is incomplete and to install again.  This continues over and over.

I have also attempted to install after disabling SIP in recovery but that does not work.

In addition, KCodes is using kextcache while installing which is now deprecated.

2021-08-19 13:49:11.588 Tool_install[970:10974] cp -Rf "/Volumes/TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Installer/TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Installer.app/Contents/Resources/Applications/TP-LINK" /Applications/TP-LINK

Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=71 "Insufficient permissions for action: Unable to load 'com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID' in unprivileged request." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Insufficient permissions for action: Unable to load 'com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID' in unprivileged request.}

Authorization End

2021-08-19 13:49:18.394 Tool_install[970:10974] ln -sf "/Applications/TP-LINK/TP-LINK USB Printer Controller.app" "/Users/namegoeshere/Desktop/TP-LINK USB Printer Controller"

2021-08-19 13:49:18.394 Tool_install[970:10974] [kcTool] kextload /Library/Extensions/kudstplink.kext

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/kudstplink.kext

kextcache -update-volume /

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild

kextcache -system-cache

It looks like you're trying to update the system caches. As of macOS 11, the personality cache is no longer in use for keeping kext matching information up-to-date. For more information, see `man kmutil`.

2021-08-19 13:49:23.753 Tool_install[970:10974] FSPathMakeRef Error: -43

Kindly forward to KCodes for a resolution as this is not good for TP-Link.

Options
2021-08-23 12:01:48

@deocder 

So the update means you are on the macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 now, and there is no issue with the printing?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-08 02:56:37

@anderscheow  

Windows applications, Windows servers, and Windows style commands are all used in the Windows network printer protocol. Because it can't run such servers, the router employs a proprietary solution. A real computer, even one running Linux, could do this, but routers can't.

So, in essence, you'll need that software package because it speaks the same language as your router.

Alternatively, you can host the printer on a networked PC that is always on. This is what the Raspberry Pi is for.

Options
2021-09-14 08:03:57

@Kevin_Z 

When is the M1 compatible software will be released? I need it badly.

Options
2021-09-14 08:28:20

@anderscheow 

I honestly do not have an answer for that whether or when there will be a printer controller for Apple M1. sad

Options
2021-09-14 08:37:26

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@deocder 

So the update means you are on the macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 now, and there is no issue with the printing?

That is correct in my case, yes.  

Options
2021-12-04 09:23:12

This is for those who have successfully installed Big Sur on their unsupported Mac and do not have native internal Wi-Fi support. You can use any one of the supported USB Wi-Fi adapters to connect to Wi-Fi. This also works for Hackintosh builds as well <a href="https://homeofapk.com/"> Download apks </a>

Options
2021-12-22 15:48:02

How can I get an update for this app? Badly Waiting for that, I have also checked everywhere on the internet. Nothing Found.

Options