DECO M4 Backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M4 Backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M4 Backup
DECO M4 Backup
2020-10-23 09:32:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a fully updated in firmware M4 on my home.

How can i make a backup of settings and everything like all the similar devices have ?

I mean in case of fire, destruction, drop down by the dog and break. I wil not want to buy a new one and have to enter all settings, reservations, port forwards etc.

Just a full backup and then restore.

Is this possible and how ?

Thanks,

Vassilis

Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO M4 Backup
2020-12-27 16:51:51

again cannot find the reply on this.

From the support team someone said that you need to have he "satellite" on your network and the satellite is the one backup to the cloud.

I answered that i have one deco in router mode.

So if i add another deco obviously in AP mode, does this mean that the primary M4 which is in router mode becomes the satellite on my network thus i got a full backup (port forwards, DHCP reservations , settings etc) on the cloud in case my nephew breaks a device.

Options
2020-12-28 11:13:51

@Vassilis 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I am afraid currently, it is not supported to back up the current configuration on the Deco.

Since it is quite useful, we would like to report this feedback to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-10-04 21:05:33

@TP-Link 

Hi, is there already a sollution to make a backup of the config?

Options
2021-10-05 07:06:57
nothing yet Bokkie, And i do not see any "action" on this. I used the old nerd method, Screenshots of every page in DECO web interface.
Options
2021-10-23 13:56:06

@TP-Link Does the Deco W3600/X20 have the configuration backup feature?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1687

Replies: 5

Related Articles