AV600 won't clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV600 won't clone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AV600 won't clone
AV600 won't clone
2020-10-21 20:36:54

Hi,

I have an AV600 which will pair with my PA4010. This setup was working previously and my wifi was cloned. and working in a far away room. Great. Recently the slave/AV600 stopped broadcasting wifi and won't reconnect. I've tried resetting through the software (which won't work. "Failed".....) and manually using a paper clip - this doesn't seem to have any effect when I hold the reset button for 10s..... When I plug the AV600 into the wall beside the router and PA4010 the power light/ethernet/wifi lights blink slowly. The Network light is on showing it's paired. I've tried the clone wifi steps multiple times but it doens't work. I've unpaired and repaired using the software and buttons, this seems to work.... I'm lost and at the end of my tech ability, am I missing something....?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 won't clone
2020-10-24 08:37:19 - last edited 2020-10-24 08:43:33

@BrianTaylor I have the same kit, and I noticed that this pairing information found in documentation is well a bit misleading. I cannot make the TL-PA4010 enter pairing mode by pushing the pair button. I tried to hold it for longer than 2 seconds, push it multiple times. No effect.

What did work for me is to push this pair button on the 4010 for as long as it starts blinking. No clue why a simple pair button on the TL-WPA4220 immediately lets the first LED blink but does not have any effect on the TL-PA4010 I own. But maybe this helps, I just realized that my TL-PA4010 has a very outdated firmware from 2012. I found a much newer one from 2017 and try to update this now. Maybe you could also have a look at your local language downlaod page if TP Link has a newer firmware?

Success, I updated my TL-PA4010 now to the latest FW I found what was TL-PA4010(EU) V1_170519 (I have the EU model V1, please check to get the one for your hardware version and region before updating),

And voilà, I also now see the AV600 speed raging in the tpPLC software (it was not shown before). Since this the TL-PA4010 is my enty point for the powerline signal, this firmware update was quite important for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3614

Replies: 1

Related Articles