Archer T2U plus system extension Mac Os High Sierra

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 09:42:04
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I have just installed the Archer T2U Plus driver, following the steps described on the drivers website. I have plugged in the antenna and rebooted the Mac. The TP-Link icon in the top bar has a greyed out message: "No Wireless NIC Plug In".

If I click on that I get a pop-up which says: "system software from developer TP-Link Technologies Co, Ltd was blocked from loading".
I have opened the System Prefs security and preferences pane again and unlocked the "allow" button, but this makes no difference.

I have tried rebooting and going through all this again, but the Mac is not allowing the TP-Link system extension / plug-in to load. What do I do?

Mac Pro 5,1, High Sierra 10.13.6

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T2U plus system extension Mac Os High Sierra
2020-09-27 11:48:21

@Kathy_Z 

Good morning Kathy

Yes, I did all that exactly as written on your instructions page and the installation went exactly as described. No problems. And the firewall is turned off.

Now, on my screen top bar on the right hand side, I have the Mac wi fi icon showing next to the TP-Link icon.

The TP-Link has a line through it. When I click on the icon, I see a single drop-down message in grey: "No Wireless NIC plug-in"

Then a pop-up window opens automatically, that says: "system software from developer TP-Link Technologies Co, Ltd was blocked from loading".

So I open system preferences / privacy, unlock the changes, and click on "allow", but nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from fresh, but there is no difference. The Mac will not allow the TP-Link system plug-in to load.

What is the solution?

Best regards

Andrew

Options
Re:Archer T2U plus system extension Mac Os High Sierra
2020-09-30 09:58:03

@Kathy_Z 

Hi Kathy

Thank you for trying to sort out the problem of the Mac rejecting the TP-Link system extension. I appreciate your work.

Your link leads to a Chinese language blog that I cannot read! But I can see that the blog is talking about using Terminal to bypass the security system. I have seen this in other western blogs, but I am not particularly happy about using Terminal to alter the Mac OS, when the TP-Link software should, in fact, be an easy install.

So I decided to return the T2U to Amazon and I will look out for a product where the software is properly compatible with Mac. If TP-Link make a similar product where the software is known to work, I would be glad to hear about it. I'm in no hurry.

Again, many thanks for your efforts

Best regards

Andrew

Options