Archer C6 WiFi 5GHz Enterprise access point issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 13:09:44
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200508 rel.63078(5255)

Hello!

After the upgrade to 1.3.0 Build 20200508 rel.63078(5255) version on Archer C6 router, I face the issue with connecting to the WiFi Enterprise 5GHz access point. I can not connect to such network because it displays this network with the personal encryption in the Windows. For example, I have two Enterprise access points: Test & Test_5GHz. I can connect to Test (2.4 GHz) but Test_5GHz fails to connect, because displays only one field to enter the password. It should display to enter the username and password (2 fields), so it can be validated on the RADIUS server. 

I can temporary fix this issue by openning the router Wireless settings, select the 5GHz tab and press Save button, then it displays 2 fields and it connects successfully. When the router is restarted or shutdown, the next time I power on the Archer C6 router, the issue still exists again. I think, the software (1.3.0 Build 20200508 rel.63078(5255)) contains bug and does not properly save the WiFi Enterprise 5GHz settings data. Please fix it. Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 WiFi 5GHz Enterprise access point issue
2020-08-24 07:31:28

@Cobra91151 

Hello,

Do you mean this issue can be temporarily fixed by logging to the C6's web interface-Wireless-5G to click on the Save button? Can we have the screenshot of the wireless 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings? You may cover your own wireless SSID and password for any security concerns.

BTW, we will follow up this case once we have the details, please check your email box and respond if you want to do further troubleshooting, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C6 WiFi 5GHz Enterprise access point issue
2020-08-24 09:08:35

@Kevin_Z 

Hello!

Yes, sometimes it fixes it by just saving the network configs again, but after reboot it still displays the same issue. I will reply using email. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1012

Replies: 2

Related Articles