5GHz unavailable after automatic reboot, 2.4GHz won't accept password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 11:05:54
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200527 rel.22637(5553)

I run my router in Access Point mode. I set it to reboot every week on Saturdays at 5am because it had been crashing occasionally during the week while I'm trying to work.

Since the automatic reboots, it has now had this fault 3 times - but its not every time.

• 5GHz SSID not found (using wireless sniffer and native OS setup)
  • 2.4GHz SSID available, but won't accept password
  • Some 2.4GHz devices connected to internet still
  • No 5GHz devices connected.

Seems like the software isn't starting things up properly after the reboot sometimes, and the only resolution is to power cycle the router. Firmware 1.1 had the same issue - I was hoping the latest firmware would fix it.

I may have to try pulling the system log out of the device next time with a cable connection... its annoying that these don't survive a reboot, even if its just 1 previous log file.

Options
2 Reply
Re:5GHz unavailable after automatic reboot, 2.4GHz won't accept password
2020-08-18 10:56:24

@dangelovich 

Hello,

May I know how long does this 5GHz unavailable and 2.4GHz won't accept the password issue last after the auto-reboot? 

When the AX20 finishes the reboot, how about the 5GHz and 2.4GHz wireless LEDs, are they correctly on?

What are the 5GHz and 2.4GHz wireless devices that encounter the reconnect issue, and what are those connected fine?

Have you tried to reset the AX20 to its factory and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm? If not yet, please give it a go.

Thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:5GHz unavailable after automatic reboot, 2.4GHz won't accept password
2020-08-18 11:10:43

@Kevin_Z 

It seems to last until I power cycle the device. I've waited as long as 3 hrs after the scheduled reboot to see if it recovers.

All my 5GHz devices fail to connect - MacBook Pro (2018), iPhone Xs, iPad Pro (original) - and also couldn't connect to the 2.4GHz (I use separate SSIDs). I noticed my tplink wireless cameras were still accessible via my cellular connection so they clearly still had internet access and were connected to the 2.4GHz. I have some other devices that I can check next time as well.

Unsure about the lights - will have to check that next time it has the issue, at which point I'll also try the reset as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 2

Related Articles