Votes

Guest wlan to VLAN in AP mode in Deco M9+

Votes

Guest wlan to VLAN in AP mode in Deco M9+

79 Reply
Re:Guest wlan to VLAN in AP mode in Deco M9+
2024-09-04 23:31:07

@TP-Link Four years, 72 replies, 48 votes and counting. The only official response from TP-Link has been, "Tell us why you need this." Very many repsonses have told you why, yet there has been no other official response from TP-Link. Absolutely terrible customer service.

TP-Link wrote

@JLNL 

Hi, When Deco is on the access point mode, there is no need to set up VLAN tag on the switch to allow satellite Deco's guest devices to work properly;

The guest network and main network is not separated by VLAN ID on access point mode;

And When you choose ‘select Isolation form main network’ for the guest network under access point mode, the guest devices could only access the gateway;

So may I know why you need the VLAN tagging of the guest network?

Thank you very much.

Options
RE:Guest wlan to VLAN in AP mode in Deco M9+
2024-09-04 23:33:26
respond please tagging is necessary
Options
a week ago
Please just add the configuration to add a VLAN tag for the guest network. My use case is I have a lot of wired networking such as a NAS etc and I want to completely separate IoT and guests from this
Options
a week ago

Another request for a pretty basic feature that isn't that involved to implement.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Badly need this feature, Except this feature keeping iot and guest is useless in ap mode. Idk why tplink not listening. I have 4 decos but due limited features i do not suggest to buy tplink product anymore from tplink.

Options
Saturday

Yes, we need this!

It is an absolute discrace that these devices do not have this basic functionality and that we get three years of total radio silence when whe ask for it to be implemented.

Shame on you TP-Link!

I will never buy or advice your products again.  angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

Options
21 hours ago - last edited 20 hours ago

This is ridiculous, your other consumer products advertise vlans as a security feature on your website. However on the X10 ax1500 units, I have £150 of what should be higher end kit regardless of running in router or ap mode for that price and should have basic functions such as this available in 2024. But no, we have no vlan separation which is the norm these days and the isolation feature option does not seem to work. So I let my children's friends log in and hope their phone is not virus ridden as it can scan and infect the private side of my network currently. In fact how can it even be called a guest network, it's actually a guest SSID name that you can give you visitors but added them to the private home wireless and DHCP, as to a router the AP only have 1 network there is no guest network. Basically I have spent £150 to downgrade my network security, wish I had realised during the returns period as they would have gone back.

To be honest as a half way house just ensure that the guest is vlan tagged using your default 591 guest vlan across the Decos mesh network and its AP output to the wider network (again shown on your website as a feature on other kit). We could then do the rest and config our routers to suit...

Also some of your companies representatives replies on some of these post where they are questioning this requirement show a really lack of understanding about the tech and IT security even for home users.

Options
19 hours ago - last edited 19 hours ago

@Paped yes that partially true, guest isolation is not working, such mdns devices can be seen by them. And i don't think decos are cheap as they are extendable. I have 4 decos but i would buy more due to limited feature in decos. i am planing to switch UniFi.

Options
3 hours ago

@kaisarturan that was my point they are not cheap and are high end so should have this basic feature.

Options

Voters 49

+ 45 Voters