[P7][Connectivity Issue] WiFi Connected, High Speed, but no initial loading

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 13:22:03 - last edited 2020-07-27 13:24:54
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hi there,

I'm experiencing issues with my Deco P7 Mesh network.

All units are setup correctly; the green LED (powerline) connection is green as well as the lights, indicating that they can see eachother.

All setup seems to be just fine, no errors whatsoever. So internet should be stable. It is, but then again it isn't.

All my devices have a great connection, except for my Android phone (Pixel 3A). It's connected (full Wifi connection) but doesn't load WebApps/pages. This EVEN happens with Deco's that have an ethernet plugged in.

What I've done so far to troubleshoot:

• Remove all units and re-add them
  • Hard reset everything
  • Beaming off
  • Fast roaming off
  • 5G off
  • Ethernet plugged in/out

Here's a clip that demonstrates the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqlCuGQotOn6_hYnYxXDa1XYc6EH5QTl/view?usp=sharing

What you can see here are a few things:

• Constant (stable) WiFi connection;
  • However, some connections can't be established (I can open and load the App Store, but can't seem to download an app). Same goes for (instance) Reddit and Youtube;
  • Last app you saw was blacked out since it was my banking app, but it didn't initialize either (didn't get past the loading screen);
  • You can see on the Speed Test that I'm in fact connected to the internet and able to check my download speed.

Others with same issues:

• https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/189398

Options
1 Reply
Re:[P7][Connectivity Issue] WiFi Connected, High Speed, but no initial loading
2020-07-28 08:26:03

@BAERD 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

How about other devices in the Deco network, are they connecting to the internet fine?

Is the main Deco working as a router or an access point mode? If it is in router mode, please try to change the DNS server on it to a third-party one such as google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

BTW, may I know how many Deco units in your networks and how they connected?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles