IP Address but no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-02 21:32:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I'm using two TL-PA411KIT Powerline Adapter, one is in my room, the other one next to our gateway-router.
Both have all three LEDs shining, and a notebook connected to the one in my room receives an IP-address which looks alright.

Nevertheless, there is no connection to the internet possible. Even a ping to the gateway has no success.
I'm pretty sure that the IP-Address is provided by the gateway and not entered manually at my notebook. So some kind of communication seems to be possible.

I'm running a linux OS, so unfortunately there is no TP-Link Utility Software.

I already tried to reset both TP-Links, so I guess they are both not encryptet by any password.

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Greetings, cb597
Options
4 Reply
Re:IP Address but no connection
2013-02-02 22:07:52
Options
2013-02-02 22:47:30
Thanks for your reply. I can't find anything suitable in the FAQ 406.
The other link you provided seems to be exactly my problem, but even after following all four steps there is no connection.
Options
2014-04-29 22:11:57

cb597 wrote

Thanks for your reply. I can't find anything suitable in the FAQ 406.
The other link you provided seems to be exactly my problem, but even after following all four steps there is no connection.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm have the same issue.
Options
2014-04-30 16:28:26
Hi,
after several resets and a lot of patiente it eventually worked. Unfortunatelly I do not know why it worked (or did not work in the first place).
You could try to establish the pairing while the two are close to each other. I guess that there are problems when they are in different circuits within your house, they might "see" each other but cannot establish a connection. But this really is only guessing.
Good luck!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 4

Related Articles