System crashes when using ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 19:34:51
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I thought the upgrade my home internet with a new 1Gbit connection. I also moved to TP-Link M4 in router mode. 

The first is connected to the main router en connects to a TP-Link switch (TL-SG108)

The second is on the first floor and connected to the earlier mentioned switch

The third is on the second floor and connected to also to the earlier mentioned switch. The second port has a switch on it.

Without the switches powered on it all works fine. 

However when I power on the switches the main switch works just fine; however, the first and second floors directly go to a red flashing light and remain in that condition. They are running the most recent firmware. 

I also have a set of S4; Those are located in the garage, and some other places and not wired. However I have the same issue if I use them wired. instead of the M4.

What could cause this issue? What is wrong with my ethernet setup?

Options
1 Reply
Re:System crashes when using ethernet
2020-07-28 11:25:06

@PITD-BV 

Hello,

Please confirm your network layout again as it is not clear. Is it like below?

ISP main router------1st Deco M4-------SG108------------2nd Deco M4

\------------3rd Deco M4----------2nd switch (what's the model number?)

This network layout should be good, try this one if your current layout is not the same. BTW, ensure the cables between the devices are correctly plugged in.

If the above doesn't work properly, please remove the 2nd switch from the network first and monitor again.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 594

Replies: 1

Related Articles