TPLink Archer C6 crashes running speed test on SmartConnect mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-20 21:31:20 - last edited 2020-07-21 17:56:41
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

Hi All,

I'm facing a strange situation when I use my router on SmartConnect Mode and run a Speed Test (https://www.speedtest.net/) my router simply crashes and restart.

Have anybody faced this issue before? Is there any specific configuration I need to do in order to use this feature?

Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer C6 crashes running speed test on SmartConnect mode
2020-07-22 02:01:38

@RodrigoAC 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please confirm what do you mean by router crash and restart, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down?

What if you disable the Smart Connect feature on it and run the Speed Test again?

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue? Did you try to run the Speed Test on another computer?

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-22 21:50:04 - last edited 2020-07-22 22:18:19

@Kevin_Z  Hi! Thank you for replay!

Well, when I run the speed test with the SmartConnect mode the power led still on but the  wifi leds goes to off and then starts blinking like rebooting the wifi on router.

I've did another test and could find that the crash happens only on 5GHz frequence when running the Speed Test is not a SmartConnect issue, its a 5GHz issue.

This is my current configuration. I've tried Channel: Auto as well and All Modes. Same issue.

Options
2020-07-23 12:01:16

@RodrigoAC 

Hello, thanks for the info.

What if you don't run the speed test, will the 5G crash? What is your network layout, how is the C6 connected in your network?

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C6 WAN or PPPoE?

When the 5G Wi-Fi crashed, how did it recover? Will it recover automatically in seconds or you need to power cycle the C6?

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-23 14:43:40

@Kevin_Z , thanks again for replay!

What if you don't run the speed test, will the 5G crash? What is your network layout, how is the C6 connected in your network?

When I do not run the speed test the 5G does not crash immediatelly . Regarding the layout, currently I have the C6 connected to a DSL router wich is my WAN and I'm using one of their ports (gigabit) connected to C6 throught a Cat6 standard patchcord in order to have giga dls -> giga c6 communication. The DSL IP is dynamic and the DSL lan has DHCP providing the IP do C6 wich is connected through Internet port.

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C6 WAN or PPPoE?

Sure. Is a Dyamic IP provided by the DSL router LAN connected on C6 Internet port.

When the 5G Wi-Fi crashed, how did it recover? Will it recover automatically in seconds or you need to power cycle the C6?

Yes, it recover after 1 or 2 minutes. When crashes, the 2G network goes off as well.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1802

Replies: 4

Related Articles