tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 16:05:22 - last edited 2021-05-07 02:24:19
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I need to connect tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router to have home wifi? Not able to configure the same. Great if anyone can guide with steps to go this.

Main question is how the wifi router will identify tp-link tl-r470t+ when connected through a cable. Shall I have to connect to the LAN port of the router ? How to find IP address of the tp-link tl-r470t+ in this case?

Regards,

Sarit

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router-Solution
2020-07-09 07:14:27 - last edited 2021-05-07 02:24:19

@SARIT 

Hello,

May I know your requirements for the wireless router? Such as a signal band or dual-band, its wireless speed, any other feature you need?

Basically, all the wireless routers are compatible with the TL-R470T+, you may just connect it to the R470T+ and it will work. However, there will be double NAT in your network and you may encounter some issue if you have set some local servers which need to be visited from outside.

It is suggested to look for just a wireless access point to avoid this issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/access-point/

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router-Solution
2020-07-09 07:14:27 - last edited 2021-05-07 02:24:19

@SARIT 

Hello,

May I know your requirements for the wireless router? Such as a signal band or dual-band, its wireless speed, any other feature you need?

Basically, all the wireless routers are compatible with the TL-R470T+, you may just connect it to the R470T+ and it will work. However, there will be double NAT in your network and you may encounter some issue if you have set some local servers which need to be visited from outside.

It is suggested to look for just a wireless access point to avoid this issue:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/access-point/

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router
2021-05-02 05:05:06

@SARIT 

Think we may have a similar issue ...

I live in rural France so fibre is out out the question - and ADSL painfully slow. Not really my area of expertise but I have cobbled together via the load-balancing TL-R470T+ router three 4G WLANS (A Huawei from Bouygues, with SFR sims inside an Archer MR200 and an ArcherMR600) plus Poynting aerials. It is extremely likely that this can all be optimised which is why I am here!

This set up is in the conservatory and connects to the rest of the house via TP-Link PowerLine to meet an old Asus router acting as an Access Point connecting to the rest of the home via Cat5 with Apple stuff and a TP-Link switch. 

I wanted to build a TP-Link OneMesh wifi network and so bought a TP-Link RE505X, acting as an access point, to talk to two TP-Link RE300s. However, it seems OneMesh needs a router not an access point to create a wifi system.. correct??? Any thoughts??

Options
Re:tp-link tl-r470t+ to a wifi router
2021-05-07 02:28:53

@MarkRB 

That would not match your requirements. The Onemesh extenders should work with the Onemesh routers, you can check the below article:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2690/ (Q9)

Options