Google Home finishes setting up Chromecast, but can't find it on the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 21:58:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hello.

I have a problem with my Chromecast Ultra, where I am unable to complete the installation totally. A message appears at the end of the Google Home app setup that says to check if my phone and my Chromecast are on the same network. I try to validate the setting by opening Google Home and clicking on the Chromecast icon, it opens, but unfortunately it says it is "unavailable". My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G and my Google Home app is up to date. I have been using Chromecast Ultra for 2 years here in Brazil and it has always worked correctly. I have switched to TP-Link Deco M5 for 2 months and did not have any problens until yesterday. The only change I made to the router recently was to hide my SSID, and since thet change everything started to go wrong. I tried to reverse the procedure, but it didn't work. I have already restored the factory defaults for Chromecast several times and my router. I also removed all my devices on Google Home, but I was unsuccessful. What else should I do? Has anyone got the error I mentioned at the beginning? Sorry for the text size and I thank anyone who can help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Google Home finishes setting up Chromecast, but can't find it on the network
2020-07-01 14:22:30

@hdegenaro Hello. I talked to Chromecast support via phone yesterday and found that one of the factors that is contributing to Chromecast not being discovered over the network is the fact that the "AP Isolation" option is not disabled on the router. Maybe this option has a different name, but I don't know what it is on my Deco M5.

Would anyone know how to answer me please how do I disable this option?

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1653

Replies: 1

Related Articles