Can't figure out how to use this to extend Wifi's Range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-28 04:32:03
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Got this AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router in order to extend the range of our network provider's modem, but no matter what I do it just doesn't provide actual connection to the internet (I can connect to irs SSID, but no webpages load). I've tried Router Mode, Access Point Mode, even plugging in a cable from this router to the modem- all to no avail.

Is there a streamlined guide/way to just use this as a wireless extender without having to connect it to the modem router with a cable?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't figure out how to use this to extend Wifi's Range
2020-06-28 12:25:16

@ian_ 

Hi, may I have the exact model number of your AC1200, is it Archer C6/A6/C1200?

Please refer to the below instructions to set up one of AC1200 as a range extender by enabling the WDS bridge function:
How do I use the WDS Bridging function to extend my wireless network?

If it still doesn't work properly, please confirm some details as below:
1. What is the IP address of the main modem router and the AC1200? Try to make them in the same IP subnet.
2. What is the IP address you can get when connected to the AC1200 by wireless, can you ping it and main modem router?
3. Please show us the WDS status page on the AC1200 web UI.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Can't figure out how to use this to extend Wifi's Range
2020-06-28 16:12:26
looking for the same
Options