Worse than before

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Worse than before

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Worse than before
Worse than before
2020-06-13 16:01:21
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I know this is a cheap and chheerful model TL-WA850RE(UK) but worked very satisfactorily with my old router.  I have just upgraded the latter and now I can only get 2 very faded bars on the extender even when within a couple of feet of the router.  This therefore is no help when placed in the required position -any help welcome.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Worse than before
2020-06-16 08:47:07

@sunshine2019 

Hello, what is the model number of the new router? After changing the router, did you reset the extender to its factory defaults and configure it again? If not yet, please give it a go first.

How about the wireless signal strength you can get from the router when standing beside the extender? Ensure you can get a good signal in the extender location, otherwise, the connection may not be stable between the router and the extender.

BTW, please also ensure the extender is running the latest firmware as per its hardware.

Options