Deco M9 plus and network printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 11:39:41

Hallo everybody

I have the following problem

I have a router where I have wired  connected 2 pc plus a printer and a deco M9 plus.

Other PCs, tablets and mobie phones are connected to the M9.

All the devices connected to the M9 do not see the network printer.

I have seen that the network address 192.168.0.xx of my router is totally different from the addresses created by deco M9 in the new wifi network.

I know if I use M9 as access point I can solve the problem losing all the advanced features of M9 .

But I would like to use the advanced features as Router (ei parental control) of M9 and I would like that the network printer were visible from all the devices connected by wire directly to the router and the other devices connected to M9.

My printer is a brother DCP-9020cdw and I use WIN 10 home

could you please help me to find a solution?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus and network printer
2020-05-24 15:03:14

@Fra69 How is the printer connected, wired or wireless?

Options
2020-05-24 15:43:17

HI

the printer is connected by wire on the router.

Options
2020-05-26 11:50:43

@Fra69 

Hi,

When Deco works in the router mode, it has NAT feature to protect the internal devices, when the printer connected to the front router, it's an external device compare to the devices connected to the Deco and they are on the different networks, thus they can't communicate with each other. 
In this network diagram, the only way is to configure the Deco in the AP mode. 

Options
2020-06-04 18:24:34

@TP-Link_Deco 

That's sad,

At the end I am switched to AP but I am losing all the features of the network of Deco 9.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2276

Replies: 4

Related Articles