Connection oscilation on Archer T4U

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 11:08:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

I installed the T4U V3 dongle wifi adapter (5GHz connection) and it worked well for a while. Then I noticed the wifi connection quality (monitored via taskmanager) dropped suddenly when certain applications were working. The first application I noticed was WifiInfoView, a free networking check tool. Whenever it was open the signal quality oscillates, like every few seconds the connection would drop to 0kbs for half a second and later it would catch on.

Later, I saw the same pattern emerging on Microsoft Teams, a on-line meeting software that I use for work. Even though I get a "strong" signal with it, sudden drops make webconferencing not possible. Anyone has a fix for that?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection oscilation on Archer T4U
2020-07-04 07:03:17

@CarlosSchlott try test your  connection with ping command ?

Options
Re:Connection oscilation on Archer T4U
2021-06-06 23:36:02
Yeah, I'm literally having the same problem. I used an old adapter that topped at about 10MBPs but didn't suffer like this. Now I've installed the T4U v3.2 and I'm getting connections of 300MBPs, but I'm also losing some packages (specially on video-calls, like on Teams). I've got an Archer C6 router, reinstalled drivers, tested an older driver, refreshed everything and I simply don't know what do do.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 2

Related Articles