Text messages and wifi calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 18:11:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I installed the Deco mesh in my home.  My internet is working great and faster than before but when using my cell phone my text messages dont always go thru and I miss calls on my phone.  I do not get good cell phone service at my house and so i rely on wifi to make calls and send text messages.  When I'm on my normal wifi I dont miss calls and my text messages go thru 100% of the time.  So I know for sure there is a problem with the Deco system.   Like I said though the internet is working fine. I'm not actually losing connection it's super fast.  Just having issues with text messages and wifi calling.  Is there any way to fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Text messages and wifi calling
2020-04-28 09:11:18

@Bwoodward51 

Hi,

1. Who is your SIM card ISP?

2. Have you used the Wi-Fi calling feature that built-in your phone to make calls and send text messages?

3. Do you have different phones to check if all of them have the same problem?

4. Have you seen a Wi-Fi calling icon on your phone? Is it appears when the Wi-Fi calling is normal or not?

Options
2020-08-11 11:49:32

@Bwoodward51 did you resolve this issue. I am having the same troubles

Bwoodward51 wrote

Hi, I installed the Deco mesh in my home.  My internet is working great and faster than before but when using my cell phone my text messages dont always go thru and I miss calls on my phone.  I do not get good cell phone service at my house and so i rely on wifi to make calls and send text messages.  When I'm on my normal wifi I dont miss calls and my text messages go thru 100% of the time.  So I know for sure there is a problem with the Deco system.   Like I said though the internet is working fine. I'm not actually losing connection it's super fast.  Just having issues with text messages and wifi calling.  Is there any way to fix this?

Options
2021-06-23 07:22:11

Hi @Cunninghamrjr, if you still encounter an issue with the Wi-Fi calling in the Deco network, please try the suggestions we provided here:

What should I do if Wi-Fi calling cannot work through TP-Link wireless router?

Additionally, you may try the suggestions in this thread as well:

[Troubleshooting] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco - Home Network Community

Hope this helps, kindly get back with the details if it is not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1846

Replies: 3

Related Articles