Deco M5 extending 100m out to gate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 15:57:06
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I live in a 5 bedroom old barn (conversion), it's quite a wide plot, with a large garden and driveway gates. I went for the Deco m5 system for indoors (3 units), which has worked a treat. I was seeing pretty good results in the garden and near our gates and hence went for a internet intercom on the gates, however I think what I was seeing isnt sustainable. I've since bought a forth M5 and placed this in the outside garage, which is about 30m from the house, and 70m from the gates, but I still can't get a reliable signal. 

Question is, as I haven't a clue and don't want to make more mistakes, what can I add into my system to extend down to the gates. Would some kind of adapter plugged into the ethernet in the garage work, which is designed to propel the signal. Or should I have bought a far superior system? I don't have anywhere else inbetween to plug something in. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 extending 100m out to gate
2020-04-16 07:39:33

@TimmyBaggins 

30m seems not a good distance for Wi-Fi connections as the wifi power is limited by wifi regulations (such as CE regulation in EU). If feasible, you can link the two Deco units with a long Ethernet cable so that the internet traffic can go through the stable wired connection.

If your garage and your house are in the same power grid, we also recommend powerline products to extend the wifi network in your garage.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1802

Replies: 1

Related Articles