Multiple issues setting up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-24 14:36:08
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

OK, so I'm 68 - not the best age to be trying new tricks.  However, I have managed to get the RE450 to link via the WPS button on my BT Home Hub.  I went to the WiFi icon on my [Apple] laptop and there was TP-Link_8688_5G.  I selected it and a message came up 'The Wi-Fi network "TP-Link_8688_5G requires a WPA2 password.'  What is this?  Is it the wireless network/SSIS on my Home Hub, the wireless password/key on my Home Hub, the Admin Password for the Hub manager, or a password I make up?  

If anyone out there can help me, I would be so grateful.

Once I have added whatever the correct passord is, is it plain sailing after that?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple issues setting up
2020-03-26 05:36:05

@JMuir 

Hi, it is the wifi password of your BT hub. You need use the same wifi password to join the extender's wifi. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 1

Related Articles