Us firmware on Euro version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-17 22:01:37
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20200110 rel.60119

Is there anyway to flash us firmware on Euro version of Archer c6 router. Euro version locked with 5ghz band 1. But my phone doesn't support band 1 . It's support only band 4. As a result my phone doesn't catch the 5ghz wifi

I know I'm mad about this. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Us firmware on Euro version
2020-03-18 06:17:26

@Mmahazad 

It is not suggested to flash US firmware on the Euro version cause it may damage the router, and it will be against the warranty.

To make your cellphone detect the 5Ghz SSID, you can purchase an access point which supports band 4 to boost wifi signal. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-18 06:30:27

@Kevin_Z I understand that it could be damage my device.. my question is it possible? If yes, how can I flash that?

Kevin_Z wrote

@Mmahazad 

It is not suggested to flash US firmware on the Euro version cause it may damage the router, and it will be against the warranty.

To make your cellphone detect the 5Ghz SSID, you can purchase an access point which supports band 4 to boost wifi signal. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-18 06:33:24
Selling router with lack of 5ghz band support then selling access point for accessing those band, what kind of shity business policy u doing?
Options