Bug in Archer C9 logging function

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-10 22:01:10
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 build 2019.04.03 rel 63869 (4555)

I am trying to troubleshoot some disconnet issues that I am seing on my C9 using the system log, but there seems to be a bug in the logging categorization. Most log entries are classed as "Led Controller" when they clearly are not related to that function. This makes the log function hard to use for troubleshooting, Is there a fix?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Bug in Archer C9 logging function
2020-03-11 05:46:49

@Janbon 

We can do further troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. What is the led status of Archer C9 when it stops working? 

2. Do both wired connection and wireless connection have the same issue? Please login to the web UI of Archer C9 when you lost internet and show us a screenshot of the Advanced-status page. 

3. WIth computer connected to the modem directly, bypass the C9, can you access internet normally?

4. Please ensure that the firmware of the router is up to date.

5. Besides, have you ever setup LED control feature? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-11 08:00:30

@Kevin_Z hi Kevin, thanks for the quick reponse on this matter as well.

I have experienced disconnects quite frequently the last couple of months, and they are not related to my uplink. I have a fiber connection that works very reliably. I have verified this by connecting directly to the fiber"modem". The disconnect affects both wired and wireless clients of the C9. I've notice an notice in the log stating "flush conntrack succeded" from "basic security" when the disconnects occur.

Most disconnects have been during the days where the LED Control - status lights are on. I have had them turn off at night. From what I remeber, the lights have all been blue during the disconnects, but i will check if it happens again.

i believe I do have the latest firmware version available 1.2.4 (2019.04.03) or is there a later version?

yesterday i did a factory reset and restored my settings, so i am hoping that fixed the problem, but i will get back with screendumps if the problem reoccurs.

i am getting an error in the log that puzzles me as well: Led Controller Error: "config importing failed" what does that refer to?

Options
2020-03-11 08:46:24

@Janbon OK, now it happened again. 

i am attaching some screenshots. It seems like the C9 drops its wan ip and recovers by itself, but not until i have logged on to the admin interface. I get the flush conntrack message again?

BTW: I cant find the wan dhcp lease info ?

Options
2020-03-11 10:09:32

@Janbon 

Hi Janbon, thanks for your valued reply. 

To solve your issue, our engineer would like to follow up your case via email, if it is okay for you, please check your inbox and get in touch with us.

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-10-27 07:57:21

@Kevin_Z 

I have the sam problem.

I simply don't get it, only way to get internet connection is to restart the router, or release+ renew internet.

Did  the engineer find a solution in your case?

thanx for any answer

Options
2021-10-28 08:02:13

@callmescreename 

Hello, is it also Archer C9? Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, then get back with more details, we will see how to proceed, thanks:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1576

Replies: 6

Related Articles