M5 Cause Interference with Bose Soundbar 700

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-07 04:33:13 - last edited 2020-03-07 04:35:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.14 Build 20191109 Rel. 66552

I recently upgrade to Deco M5 and deploy the 3 node mesh across my house. 

I notice that my bose soundbar and Subwoofer will be auto get cut off / disconnected (check with bose support they are link up via 5ghz). We suspend this is due to M5 cause some Interference and M5 apps and web UI, I am unable to define the 5ghz channel to be on. 

This issue is fixed once I power off all Deco M5 mesh. I didn't have this issue with my Netgear mesh or Asus Router. 

Please let me know if there are anything i can do on the M5 to prevent this from happening. The last options is the disable 5ghz on M5. That is like going back to stone age. 

- The nearest mesh and bose Soundbar/sub are 8 - 10M away 

- The bose soundbar and sub are side by side... 30CM if you really need the distance. 

- The mesh node are all Ethernet backhual. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Cause Interference with Bose Soundbar 700
2020-03-09 01:10:19

@Apex-M5 

Thanks for your information. Do you mean that the bose soundbar and subwoofer get cut off automatically once they switch from 2.4GHz to 5GHz? 

What about other devices at the same time? Do they have the same issue? 

Have you ever tried to disable mesh technology of the two devices after connected to Deco's network? 

Besides, you can reserve an IP address for each on the Deco APP. Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1795/ 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 945

Replies: 1

Related Articles