Connecting to Wired Company Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-15 20:17:07
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys,

I have a qustion with regards to connecting my WR702N to a secured Company network. There are 7 of us in an office but we only have 1 Secured Netwok port for a specific computer, when i plug the router into this port I can access the internet no problem, what I need to know is if there are 6-7 computers accessing the router simulteneously will the Network admins be able to suddenly spot all of or IP's popping up on the netwpork or will the router block these and just show it's own ip popping up on the network. I also want to split the one network port using a splitter and have the dedicated Network computer and the router connected at the same time. would this be possile.

We all want to access the internet but not be spotted doing so:)

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting to Wired Company Network
2013-01-16 16:37:07
Normally, only the router's ip address will show up in the admins Network if TL-WR702n is working in router mode. I do not think the splitter will work because the secured port will only allow one devices to get Internet from it. However, your computer and the router are two different network devices.:(
Options
Re:Connecting to Wired Company Network
2013-01-16 17:28:43
Thanks for the info, I have it running as an access point just now, so i would need to switch this to router mode to hide the additional computers?
I have also read that the admins could flag this up as a rogue access point through the network security and shut it down. At the moment we are based in germany and we are accessing a large company netwok back in britain using a high speed internet line. When we attach the Nano router it is in AP mode and we are not logging into the network using a Username and Password, it is just picking up an internet connction thorough a dedicated nework port going back to a server based in germany.
Also using the splitter, i am wonderingif the Dedicated computer is logged in would adding the router to the othe port of the splitter just piggyback the internet connection as the route is'nt logging in as such.

Basically i need to know if attaching this Nano router( in any mode ) to a secured Network will be discovered.

Thanks for the help.
Options