VR900 half speed on Sky Fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 09:33:51
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've been using the VR900 v3 for a couple of months on Sky Fibre using the Sky (MER) VDSL profile which worked great out the box, I noticed this week though, speedtests show I can only download about half of my connection speed (my line is syncing at 39/7, speedtests show I get a maximum of 16/6) this is the same across all speedtest sites I could find and also the same if I try downloading a file directly.

I think this is only affecting http traffic, if I try a download from a p2p network, download a game from Steam or if I connect to a VPN and run a speedtest, I get the full line speed.

I've checked the QOS settings haven't been switched on by mistake and also done a factory reset of the router and set it up as I did from new, but nothing seems to fix this.

Any help appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:VR900 half speed on Sky Fibre
2020-01-30 13:29:42

I was upgraded from Sky Fibre Unlimited to Sky Fibre Max a couple of weeks ago, and as part of that I received the Sky Q Hub. I swapped the old modem and router I had with Fibre Unlimited for the new Sky Q hub and ran speed tests on a PC connected directly to the router via ethernet, through another PC and my PS4 both connected via powerline adapters, and on my phone via wifi. All the wired devices returned speed test results of 65-70Mbps, and my phone returned a speed test result of 55Mbps. All good. 

Options
Re:VR900 half speed on Sky Fibre
2020-01-30 14:46:01

@smithclarkson1 I have a Sky Q router which works great as far as the speed is concerned, only problem is the range isn't as good as the VR900 so my Nest cam drops out frequently, and I wanted a router that lets me use custom DNS.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 2

Related Articles