Wireless Link(s) on Farm

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless Link(s) on Farm

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireless Link(s) on Farm
Wireless Link(s) on Farm
2013-06-17 01:17:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT Internet (Home)

Hello All

We have a small holding in the middle of no where... and we were fortunate enough to be able to get internet into the farm.

However we are now at a stage where we have two offices which are some distance from the farm house. I (The son) work in IT but never ventured into working with external wireless but have an understanding of IT.

I'm after some recommendations on how best and the equipment needed to network the two offices:

Office1 less the 40ft from bungalow however we are on slope and has interrupted views of the bungalow.

Office2 is over 360ft (over 100m) away from bungalow with one hedgeline in the way.

Ethernet over powerline has been tried however from Bungalow to Office1 it jumps through two modern three modern fuse boards and signal drops after second fuse board. Office 2 has its own powersupply so no signal direct from house to office is possible.

Which I think now leaves me with fibre... OUCH! or Wireless this is a realm i'm not particular clued up on kitwise anyway for external use.Anyone had to build some simular or can point in the direction of some kit that would do site wide coverage? im aware will need external antenna but not sure what will be best directional for in the offices with receivers at both offices to allow for local Wired LAN and W/LAN.

BThome hub with Netgear switch in bungalow but thats as far as we have needed till now.

Any suggestions help guidance greatly appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Link(s) on Farm
2013-06-18 15:19:12
try to use two TL-WA5210G to set point to point bridge mode
refer to the following link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=176
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1

Related Articles