TL-WR940N reboots randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-19 12:40:44
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1 Build 180119 Rel.59618n

The router randomly reboots 2-3 times/day. I tried using different power adapter with the same output rating but it doesn't solve the issue.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N reboots randomly
2020-01-20 03:07:31

@User0001 

Hello, is there any specific symptom of the auto-reboot issue? Like the led status of TL-WR940N.

Do you have the same issue with the original power adapter? Try to use a different socket to plug it. 

Besides, you can hard reset it and reconfigure it to give it a go.

One more thing, when and where did you buy this router? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-20 03:21:33

@User0001 The router just randomly reboots out of nowhere. The LED turns orange before it's going to reboot. The problem was there with the original power adapter too. I've tried it with a different socket and I've reconfigured it too. Nothing helps.

The reboots don't have any specific timing but what I've noticed is that when there are more than 4 or 5 devices connected and everyone is watching videos or going through Amazon or playing games, the problems occur.

I bought the router from Flipkart in June 2018.

Options
2020-01-21 09:06:38

@User0001 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

The orange led means that the internet stops working; it seems that the heavy traffic network activities affect the performance and stability of the router. You can enable bandwidth control to give it a go. 

Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/557/

Besides, how do you make it back to work? What is the led status when it is rebooting itself automatically? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-21 09:12:30

@Kevin_Z The router reboots normally everytime. After that the led turns blue and it starts working fine again.

4 devices are making the router's system unstable?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1300

Replies: 4

Related Articles