External IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

External IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
External IP
External IP
2020-01-09 20:40:59
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

I am having problem with my port forwarding.

My external IP differ from the one under Deco Internet Setting.

My ISP provide me with an static IP 155.4.x.x but in the Deco router it says: 100.127.x.x

Any suggestion how this could happen? NAT?

How could I solve this? I have re-configured everything several times and talked to my ISP provider.

//Proxen

Options
1 Reply
Re:External IP
2020-01-10 02:47:03

@Proxen 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? Where did you setup the static IP? On the Deco itself or on the modem? 

You can verify whether the whole external IP of Deco is public IP address by entering it on the URL bar. And if it is not, except open the port for the specific device on the Deco, you need open the port for the Deco on the modem itself, so that you can build up a tunnel which makes the port forwarding work. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2693

Replies: 1

Related Articles